2/18/13

self actualization


Here's a rough sketch of my interpretation of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Now I often worry about what my ultimate goal should be.

But if I'm in the bottom non-self-actualized part of the chart, then a useful goal seems to be getting to the top.

Relations to other thoughts:

I've heard the idea "if you can't be happy with the way things are now, then you can never be happy". I think that may just be false. I can't always be self-actualized, because sometimes my lower-level needs are in danger.

I think there may be two sorts of depression, for me, and I think I often get them confused. When I'm not self-actualized, part of my depression is simply that I'm not self-actualized, but knowing that, I think I can simply accept the fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment