1/23/14

So many of my ideas are of the form: it would be cool if lots of people did in X, but essentially worthless if only a few people did X. So there's this bootstrapping problem of getting lots of people to do X simultaneously that I've never overcome.

Color golf is nice because I think it's cool even if I'm the only person who uses it, and that's a pretty good indicator of other people liking it. So far 99 people have played it. About 25 or 30 from this blog, and the rest after I posted it on facebook.

So maybe I should focus on those sorts of ideas.. I looked through a list of ideas I had, and pretty much all were of the "needs lots of people" variety. Here are a few ideas rattling around that don't need lots of people:
  • make PIMA usable.. I still use it myself, even after trying Evernote, where the main win over Evernote is that there is a feed, like e-mail, but I can push items into the future, like Boomerang for GMail. The main win over e-mail is that I can edit the items, like Evernote.
  • make the sketch camera work, where the difficulty is getting good detail from a crappy webcam, perhaps by combining multiple frames using super resolution.. though I find it's not too bad to take a photo with my phone and let Dropbox automatically send it to my computer.. still, it would be easier if I could just hold it up to my webcam, and I think I would draw more sketches..
  • make the music offshoots of color golf for identifying note sequences and notes in a chord — I definitely want to try this myself, though I'm less sure of other people caring about this..
  • there is an odd juggling thing I can do, involving four tennis balls.. I could upload a video of this.. I think people might like it, though that's about where it would end.. though some people might learn to do it, which would be cool..
..I need to think of more..

No comments:

Post a Comment