6/30/12

meditation 5

...continued. Seven minutes again. This time I tried to focus more on my breathing, and not on relaxing. My main thoughts while meditating this time:

  • What should I do during the gap between breathing out, and breathing in again? (This thought is a recurring theme.)
  • I keep thinking about my body, trying to keep it straight, as if I'm in a yoga pose of some sort, which is distracting.
  • This is boring.
I think I may be missing something. I think the "trying to keep my body straight" thing may be an issue. I'm not sure meditation is meant to be about keeping my body in line. On the other hand, yoga, which seems similar in my mind to meditation, does seem to involve keeping the body straight, so I'm not sure. Maybe it is time to read something about meditation before my next attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment