6/22/12

input

It's Friday. I've eaten ice cream, which I do every Friday, but usually I eat it while watching something.

These days, I feel harder and harder pressed to find something good to watch. When I start a movie, I feel like I know what will happen. It's been hard to find good new music as well, though music lasts longer for me than movies, since I can re-listen to music, whereas I generally can't re-watch TV shows, or re-read books.

I guess this is just a rant. I'm sure I'm wrong. But I feel like people aren't willing to take risks. Media artists fall back to the monetary lure of mass appeal, or so it seems. Everything is smoothed out such that it appeals to everyone, but not very much to anyone.

There was a string of good indie games recently. I played Braid, World of Goo and Limbo.

I just don't know where to get good input these days. I feel starved.

No comments:

Post a Comment