11/8/12

video

I gave a presentation at some event today run by the Institute for the Future. At the end, I was asked if I was willing to do a video interview, and I submitted. I first made sure they wouldn't release the thing publicly without passing by oDesk's marketing team, since I feel like I have a tendency to say things in a non-marketing compatible way. But I've felt a bit awkward all evening, and I think the reason is this video. It turns out I have some sort of phobia against video. First, I hate seeing myself on video. I think I look stupid. Second, I fear having video footage used out of context. I feel like I have a tendency in general to say grandiose things, which I try to preface with all sorts of disclaimers, but I feel like it would be easy to get a short film clip that made me look like a nut.

No comments:

Post a Comment