7/15/13

thought: I want to post a file of encrypted passwords publicly accessible on the web, so that if something happens.. I can recover my passwords..

but I worry about people decrypting it..
even if I have a large password..
not sure why..

one thought about how to make it more secure is to encrypt the passwords themselves separately, since they have high entropy anyway, so it would presumably more difficult to decrypt them, since it would be difficult to detect whether they were successfully decrypted without actually trying the passwords in the relevant systems..

just now I had the thought.. there is some system for creating hashes where it takes a long time to create the hashes.. and I wonder if this done in encryption  where it takes a long time to decrypt (even if you know the password), as a preventative measure against brute force decryption..

No comments:

Post a Comment