12/7/12

self hypnosis


I've tried hypnotizing myself. So far, I've had moderate success. Maybe. Not sure.

Why?

- I wonder what it would feel like to be physically influenced by hypnotic suggestions. For instance, to be unable to lift my hand because my subconscious is following along with some suggestion that I couldn't lift my hand.

- I wonder if I could ask my subconscious questions, like "what is your biggest fear?"

- I wonder if I could modify myself, e.g., to be more confident, or less anxious.

One issue I've encountered is that I'm incredibly worried about giving up control to someone. I can't think of anyone I trust enough for that. I've tried downloading hypnosis mp3s from the internet, listening to them, and modifying them (via sound editing tools, to remove stuff I don't like), but still, there's a part of my brain that is worried as I listen to it.

So, I want to write my own audio scripts. Now, I could record them myself, but that takes work. But, Mac has a "say" command with some fairly good text-to-speech synthesis. On top of this, I want a little control over the time delay between sentences, so I created this tool (keep your expectations low, it is very basic): HypnoScript.

Here's a sample script (see script1.txt in the git repository). I use Mac's "Text to Speech" control and set voice to "Vicki", and rate to 3/8ths (assuming slow = 0 and fast = 1). I put on some Yanni in the background, and then run it using "node main.js script1.txt".


> defaultWait = 2.3 // changes the time delay between lines

I'm going to count down from 30 to 1
As I count down, you may allow yourself to drift into a state of hypnotic trance, where your mind is relaxed and open to suggestions
30
29
28
...
3
2
1

I'm going to count down from 10 to 1
As I count, you may imagine relexing more deeply and going deeper into trance
10
9
...
2
1

you may imagine a rotating red cube
1
2
...
5


you may imagine a tiger
1
2
...
5


you may imagine the inside of a volcano
1
2
...
5

I'm going to count up from 1 to 10
As I count up, you may allow yourself to wake up
1
2
...
10

No comments:

Post a Comment